Seek and Destroy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seek and Destroy

~~Addictied To the Throne~~ SnD

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSocom.comRoster
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» BANNED FROM PSN LOL
what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:16 am by SGTboredom

» The Madden Champ
what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:07 am by NinjaJay14

» Unfortunatly...
what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 1:07 am by NinjaJay14

» Узшс Сщтагышщт

» PS Move yes or no?
what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:26 pm by NinjaJay14

» Music to add
what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:44 pm by Ez--e

» Anyone wanna join?
what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:46 pm by NinjaJay14

» Ghost Recon Future Solder
what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 12:25 pm by NinjaJay14

» My Awfull Luck
what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 8:21 am by NinjaJay14

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
ENJOY

what's been confirmed for socom 4

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
aYPeEooTReK
Sgt
Sgt
aYPeEooTReK

REP: : 219

what's been confirmed for socom 4 Empty
PostSubject: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 8:06 am

so in one of the other threads, i mentioned that zipper does a podcast every friday where they talk about mag and socom. this friday they let a little more info come out about socom 4.
the ots view will make a comeback in both the single player and online. it's also works for both the move and ds3 remote. (i could care less, i fucking hate ots vie. way to zoomed in)
there will be no health bar in socom4. basically in socom1 (from what ive heard), they had no health bar and it made the game more immersive. i started with socom 2 where the health bar was introduced so i'm kinda lookin foward to this feature. one thing though that a few ppl are worried about on the socom boards is that since there is no health bar, they may mean regen health. i think that woukd ruin the game but i don't see how they can add regen health in a tactical shooter with round based gameplay. hopefully we'll find out more at e3 which is less than a month away now and the developers said themselves that thats what their waiting for to reveal a lot of the stuff.
there were a few other things in the podcast but nothing game related. check out this link if you want to see the full description.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SWATSHOT
Ensign
Ensign
SWATSHOT

REP: : 19

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:07 am

ehhh idk every since ive seen the video they reavealed i feel like s4 might be a big bust.. the crosshairs they have look retarted and the way the character moves looks like the game uncharted but im being patient and not giving up.. i would rather see them be like a madden whre they constently remake the game update the maps guns and statistics servers and keep the actualy gameplay intact! they would make a lot more money this way.
Back to top Go down
aYPeEooTReK
Sgt
Sgt
aYPeEooTReK

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:24 am

a lot of ppl feel the same way as you swat. problem is, with all these other big games out there (mw2, halo reach, bfbc2), they need to add some things to attract these others gamers. s2 did so well back then mostly because thats all there was for ps2 online. nowadays pretty much everygame has a multiplayer add-on. majority of them suck but there still there.
a lot of this casual stuff is for the single player. cinematic campaign, ots view, cover system. some if not most will carry over to multiplayer but i just hope socom feels like socom in the end.
Back to top Go down
NinjaJay14
Admin
Admin
NinjaJay14

REP: : 287

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:47 pm

but it still comes down to if they do a good job on it, they could have evry single crazy thing
Back to top Go down
https://seeknddestroy.forumotion.com
SWATSHOT
Ensign
Ensign
SWATSHOT

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 3:59 pm

but the majority of the peolple feel the same way i do dont you think if they went back to the old ways with a few new features not messing with the gameplay so muchthey would regain the same fan base since they all want the old socom
Back to top Go down
aYPeEooTReK
Sgt
Sgt
aYPeEooTReK

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:20 pm

tht sig is dope swat. i agree w/ the old forumla but they HAVE to add new shit in order to gain a broader audience. a lot of ppl who played socom durin s2 are never comin back. they either moved on from games in general or onto diff games (mw2). if they had the same game as s2 w/ updated graphics, i guarrantee it just wouldnt sell well
Back to top Go down
SWATSHOT
Ensign
Ensign
SWATSHOT

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Haha thanks. I disagree trek I think if they were to make a redeveloped socom 2 with some new maps traffics as good as confrontation guns characters and possible a few minor features like maybe some coop missions and some features say like a battle roll or something those who say they refuse to come back to socom (like mad)will come back because it's simple no game makes your adreniline pump like socom that's why you can't stop playing.
Back to top Go down
aYPeEooTReK
Sgt
Sgt
aYPeEooTReK

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:42 pm

yea but the gameplay just wont hold up in my opinion. neway, did u vote for it? goto the socom2 hd thread and cast a vote. who knows, mayb they'll remake it oneday. if they do, i know i'll be playing it
Back to top Go down
LiL-_-AZn13
Pvt (1st Class)
Pvt (1st Class)
LiL-_-AZn13

REP: : 101

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:29 am

I cant wait for this game
Back to top Go down
aYPeEooTReK
Sgt
Sgt
aYPeEooTReK

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:04 am

LiL-_-AZn13 wrote:
I cant wait for this game
U see ne of the vids yet?
Back to top Go down
SWATSHOT
Ensign
Ensign
SWATSHOT

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 9:43 am

Yea I voted that would be cool an all but I'm not just sayin make socom 2in HD that wouldn't last long at all.. I'm sayin use socom 2 as a base and build on it make a few new featured maps and what not and slap a number or add to the title then market the shit out of what was done people will hope off the riot act real quick
Back to top Go down
aYPeEooTReK
Sgt
Sgt
aYPeEooTReK

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:31 am

No what swat, that what a lot of ppl are saying. Keep the old formula (features like jump to climb, throw nades with both hands, pick up nades off dead bodies, make the movement speed faster) but just add upon that. Pretty much just don't fix what's not broken. Its really interesting to see the way their going with this game. Over on the socom forums(I go there a lot) a lot of people talk about this and the "core" of socom. When socom2 did so well, why would you change it. What do you think of the movement speed in con? A lot of ppl say its slow and sluggish. I'm light light so I don't have too much of a prob. A lot pp want it s2 style fast but other people argue its not real/tactical which seems to be the way the developers are taking this game
Back to top Go down
NinjaJay14
Admin
Admin
NinjaJay14

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:19 am

my thoughts, are dont fix whats not broken, stick with what made them money and just add to that, add thier next generation feel to it
Back to top Go down
aYPeEooTReK
Sgt
Sgt
aYPeEooTReK

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:28 am

NinjaJay14 wrote:
my thoughts, are dont fix whats not broken, stick with what made them money and just add to that, add thier next generation feel to it
A lot of ppl agree with u jay but they got to make the game more accessible for more sales. The sales from socom have gone down with each iteration. That's prob the main reason for these features. Try n get some of the call of duty players to move to their title. But only single player info has been shown. Their tight lipped on the multiplayer side. I thought they were gonna show mp stuff at e3 but a zipper rep on the socom boards said they're gonna wait for certain reasons. When I get home ill put a thread up with what the guy said. I just can't link it now thru my blackberry
Back to top Go down
SWATSHOT
Ensign
Ensign
SWATSHOT

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:23 pm

they lost money because they got away from s2 and with each game they for further and further away
Back to top Go down
aYPeEooTReK
Sgt
Sgt
aYPeEooTReK

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:54 am

SWATSHOT wrote:
they lost money because they got away from s2 and with each game they for further and further away
Back to top Go down
aYPeEooTReK
Sgt
Sgt
aYPeEooTReK

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:54 am

SWATSHOT wrote:
Back to top Go down
aYPeEooTReK
Sgt
Sgt
aYPeEooTReK

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:56 am

That's true. Socom3 had the worst map selection and just never really had the socom feel. They were also way too big were almost every rd was a draw. Confrontation was close to s2 but the coding was absolutely horrible. Imagine confrontation running smoothly from release til now. Could have been such a better game.

My bad for the other post. Couldn't quote and reply on my phone for some reason
Back to top Go down
NinjaJay14
Admin
Admin
NinjaJay14

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:30 am

yea s2 was a great game, but they just fell short on thier promises on socom conf. /6 sucks anyways thier site isent even fully functional and they were expected to make a major game project.
Back to top Go down
xX-Hellyeah-Xx
Pvt (1st Class)
Pvt (1st Class)
xX-Hellyeah-Xx

REP: : 119

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:19 am

I just hope they have some old socom maps from all three previous ones...
Back to top Go down
LiL-_-AZn13
Pvt (1st Class)
Pvt (1st Class)
LiL-_-AZn13

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:23 am

I want Jungle mapss.
Back to top Go down
aYPeEooTReK
Sgt
Sgt
aYPeEooTReK

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:52 am

@hellyeah. I think they said on one of their podcasts that its gonna be all new maps. I actually like that because when I play online games, I look foward to the map design. That's not to say that I don't want or like the maps from previous socoms. I want an old jungle map pack myself so I'm with you azn. Some ruins, bloodlake and I'm in heaven
Back to top Go down
xX-Hellyeah-Xx
Pvt (1st Class)
Pvt (1st Class)
xX-Hellyeah-Xx

REP: : 119

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:23 pm

Yea the Jungle maps where probably the coolest... I hope they mix it up ... Just finished my signature..took me long enough to figure it out!
Back to top Go down
LiL-_-AZn13
Pvt (1st Class)
Pvt (1st Class)
LiL-_-AZn13

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:37 pm

xX-Hellyeah-Xx wrote:
Yea the Jungle maps where probably the coolest... I hope they mix it up ... Just finished my signature..took me long enough to figure it out!
LMFAaaaoOO I LOVE yourr signature
Back to top Go down
aYPeEooTReK
Sgt
Sgt
aYPeEooTReK

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:01 pm

i wish there was a jungle map pack for confrontation after cold front.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what's been confirmed for socom 4   what's been confirmed for socom 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what's been confirmed for socom 4
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next